Most schools with primary-age pupils receive the PE and sport premium.
The funding is used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
What the funding can be used for:
• To hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
• To provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teachPE and sport more effectively.
• To introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
• To support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
• run sport competitions.
• To increase pupils’ participation in the School Games.
• To run sports activities with other schools.
The premium is used to:
• To develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers.
• To make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Click here to view Sports Premium Strategy for 2018-19
Click here to view Sports Premium Evaluation for 2018-19
Click here to view Sports Premium Strategy for 2019-20
Swimming Information for Year 6 Pupils – End of 2018-19:
54.7% pupils within current y6 cohort can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres.
43.8% pupils within y6 can use a range of strokes effectively
6.2% pupils within y6 can perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations