We believe that meeting every pupil’s needs is a shared responsibility, therefore are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress for all of our pupils whatever their needs or abilities.
Not all pupils with disabilities have special educational needs and not all pupils with SEN meet the definition of disability, but our SEN Policy covers the needs all of these pupils. A full version of this document can be found on our website.
Working closely with….
Local high schools – for the smooth transition of pupils.
Schools previously attended by joiners – so that we can be immediately be aware of any special educational needs and quickly put a suitable programme of support in place.
Members of the MASTs (multi agency support teams) – help to identify, assess and make provision for SEN pupils.
The nominated Education Welfare Officer – regular visits.
Specialist advisory teaching services – to advise on children with sensory impairment or physical difficulties.
Speech and language therapist – contributes to the statement reviews of children with speech and language difficulties.
Children with special educational needs may need extra help because of a range of needs, such as in thinking and understanding, physical or sensory difficulties, emotional and behavioural difficulties, or difficulties with speech and language or how they relate to and behave with other people.
At Perry Hall Primary School, we accept the definitions of Special Educational Needs as well as the principles from the SEN Code of Practice, and our designated SEN Coordinator is Carol Russell, who is responsible for:
- Coordinating the provision and support for children with SEN.
- Day to day operation of the schools’ SEN policy.
- Liaising with and advising fellow teachers/teaching assistants.
- Monitoring and supporting the writing and reviewing of IEP’s.
- Liaising with parents and external agencies.
- Contributing and arranging training for staff.
- Managing the statementing procedure and provision for statemented children.
- Co-ordinating the support for children with SEN.
Our SENCO Co-ordinator is Mrs C Russell
Click here to view our SEND Policy
Click here to download our Local SEN Offer
Click here to view our latest Accessibility Plan